Friday, July 18, 2008

Speeding through...


It was one of those speed racer kinda days...blazing fast!

From the moment I started my day at the church to the end of the day seemed like a bluuuuuuuuurrrrr! I mean it was mad house crazy. From a gazillion phone calls (is gazillion a word?)...to a ton of people checking in with me throughout the day...to my making phone calls...working with staff...checking in with HOPE volunteers... dropping off an important contract to the lawyer's office...following up with contractors and hired hands...man, what a day!

One other big item on the agenda that took a ton of my time was working with the SBA representative who came to get a damage assessment of our church contents and systems losses. She got downright detailed to the number of toilets moved, sinks disassembled, urinals moved, chairs damaged, desks, bookcases, pews, tables, appliances, sound systems, machinery, amount of total square footage, hot water heaters, electrical systems, phone systems...she even asked me how many parking lot spaces we had in our parking lot. I about screamed, "I don't know and I don't care!"...(but I held it all together...then went and had my son Trenton and Ethan go out and count them!!). I'm sure my staff noticed more than once as I was fuming and steaming up the place whenever I would walk by on one of my runs to find the answers to her long list of questions. Long story short...she left and took that little laptop that was storing all the info I was feeding it with her...PTL!

It was so busy on Friday running a mile a minute that I didn't really notice lunchtime until one of our sweet ladies and her daughter (Jane and Bethany) went out and bought me lunch. I think I was on the phone at the time, but please let me send a "shout out" to J and B for their act of kindness today. It really meant the world to me today...especially today! I love you both!

There were good signs of progress today:
  1. The drywall finishers were here today and applied their initial coats of taping, edging and mud to the walls. It's starting to come together!
  2. The sanctuary platform and altar steps were reinstalled today. One of the workers even said, "Looks like you're ready for a good 'ole sawdust revival meeting!"
  3. The architect and one of his helpers were in again getting final measurements for a set of plans to rework several areas of our open and gutted facilities!
  4. The electrician was in getting his plans ready for soon to be implemented work!
  5. The telephone guys were hunting for one of the D-mark lines and finally found it!
  6. The general contractor was in with carpet and VCT samples. Got to make a choice real soon!
  7. The lawn mowers were working on the grass today and making our outside appearance more manicured!
  8. Worked with our pew company reps over the phone!
  9. I'm sure there were others...but I'm not sure my brain can remember them all right now!
Hoping my weekend can wind down a little so I can rest up for Sunday. Services have been especially charged with God's presence in our wilderness journey! If you are in the area, let me invite you to join us for an awesome worship service @ 12:30 pm @ Memorial Baptist Church.

You should know what my heart of faith will say next. I'm stepping out in faith to declare that I believe God will help us rebuild DEBT FREE. If you can help us with any size donation toward that end, we would be most grateful. Please go to www.columbusfirstassembly.org and click the online giving button.

Thanks for all your prayers, love and support. God is with us! God is going before us! God is helping us! God is speaking to hearts all over the country...and around the world!

Much love to you and yours!

1 comment:

B said...

You're welcome, Pastor. You deserve a free lunch! :)

-Bethany