Saturday, July 5, 2008

Madhouse Mania...

We got slammed!

That's right...the concession booth that I was working in up at Victory Field was busy from start to finish. This was to help Devon out with his marching band fair share. So when our group arrived in Indy and found booth #106 we got right to work prepping for the mad rush that was to be expected. I went to the kitchen and filled up two large tubs on rollers with ice. They were hooked together like a little ice train. What an experience trying to juggle these bad boys in and out of the elevator and back to my booth. Just call me the ICE MAN!

This game was sold out! There were fireworks after the game. It was July 4th. Patriotism filled the stadium. Red, white and blue was everywhere. Little flags were in hats, pockets, belts and you don't want to know where else. Even some pretty interesting and far-out-there costumes and clothes. We expected a steady stream of customers...but nothing like this. It was ridiculous...crazy...unheard of...just plain wild! We didn't even get a break from about 4:30 until 11 pm.

Toward the end we had customers 15 plus people deep in our lines. Since I was stationed at a register I got up front and personal with my wonderful customers. Lots of them weren't too happy when we had to say that our ice cream was pretty much ice soup because the machines couldn't keep up with the demand. SOME GOT PRETTY DOWN RIGHT MAD!

At first, I had a runner bringing me what my customers ordered but then after a while I had to start filling my own orders. That was fun! Making ice cream cones, or sundaes, or icees with my limited experience...you should have seen these masterpieces of art : - ) Tonicia was my expert in the art category...she crafted some pretty mean design works of art in the cold category. But when she couldn't keep up with the orders we all got into the flow. Dairy Queen...you didn't have anything up on us! We were bumping into each other, passing cones, filling cups, looking for popcorn, grabbing bottled water, making sundaes, fetching peanuts, you name it...we did it!

Finally after closing down the booth...cleaning up the stand...counting the money...we were headed for home. Wow...I was glad to finally find my seat in Craig's mini van and veg out! My hips and legs and back were throbbing. He was driving us home and I could get a little rest from this rambunctious day!

My legs and calves are still sore this morning. Hope they will work themselves out of the stiffness sometime today.

It was another good break of scenery from the continual grind at CFA's grand central station and command center. I went to the church before heading for Indy yesterday and found Ted, Tony and Patrick working on pews in the sanctuary. I went to the basement and emptied the dehumidifiers for the umpteenth time. When will it ever dry itself out...

Looking forward to our 4th service at our satellite location tomorrow. Then it will be an awesome opportunity for the HOPE OUTREACH ministry on Monday with a semi-truck load of supplies that are ready to be passed out. Monty and Susan are readying the troops that will assemble for this massive ministry center operation that blasts off on Monday morning.

Keep the prayers lifted up to God's throne on our behalf.

Keep spreading the word that we are believing for miraculous financial gifts to be given towards our reconstruction phase. We want to rebuild debt free. Want to know the amount to pray in...somewhere between $350,000 to $400,000. That's right...too much for you and me, but not too much for God. With everyone doing something this need will be met...with divine intervention and human partnership.

Keep leaving us "comments" to remind us of your love and prayer support!

Have a blessed Saturday.

Sincerely serving @ CFA's flood zone ministry center...

No comments: