Thursday, July 24, 2008

CFA Welcomes Mansfield First Assembly!

Team huddle with Monty

Sparky, Susan and Bruce (home owner)

Bruce's house being primed for a home makeover

Lots of drywall and supplies


MFA transportation

Team picture

Jovial John at the fax machine

We welcomed my good friend Pastor Brent Salyers and his team from Mansfield First Assembly today... http://www.mansfieldfirstassembly.org

They drove about four hours from Ohio and arrived at 1 pm sharp. Pastor Brent outfitted his team with our CFA HOPE Outreach t-shirts and they met with Monty for a team huddle and directions on their assignment. They would be drywalling the home of one of our CFA neighbors directly across from the church on 10th Street. Bruce, home owner, was ecstatic about this team from Ohio who came to help him get back closer to being in his home. He has been living in his garage since the flood hit back on June 7th. You could tell that he was thrilled with what our church was doing to assist him in the rebuilding of his home! God is doing some great things in his life and we continue to minister God's love to him. Lord, let Him be drawn closer to you through this ministry team from MFA!

I went in to the office for several hours this morning to check on things. Found John W. faxing about 51 important pages for FEMA SBA. He and my staff have been working hard to compile the list of needed items for this assignment.

Made a bunch of phone calls checking on different people this morning. Called on the three that made decisions for Christ this past Sunday. Got a hold of one of them and they sounded enthused and excited. She said I would be seeing her this coming Sunday! I'm getting a Bible and new convert book ready for her and the others. Lord, keep your hand upon each and every person who has made a public profession of faith since the Flood of '08!

Was able to take some time off in the afternoon and wind down at home. (I had one of my seniors reprimand me about taking a full day off and getting away from the church...she said they can do without me for one day...she loves her pastor and wants to keep me healthy and strong!...Thanks Mary Lou!) My wife had to work today, but when she came home we had several errands to do together. Later, we worked to prepare for our garage sale tomorrow. She really has become the garage sale queen...she has it down to a science. She has a friend that is partnering with her on this sale and adding things to make it a bigger sale! You should see all the "stuff" they've collected between them...my goodness what a mountain of madness!!

Not much happened on the rebuild front today...should carry on tomorrow. I'll give you a report if we were able to get our subcontractors in and working.

Please continue to pray and keep us posted on your support level. We are receiving some contributions for our Flood Fund. We are receiving work teams from across the country to help us rebuild homes in our community. We are continuing to minister three days each week through the HOPE Outreach Center.

My heart is full of the things I'm witnessing in my church. God is stirring us and stretching us. God is leading us to rebuild DEBT FREE! We are following His lead...even if we seem to be 'out there' on a tree limb. With God all things will be POSSIBLE! We choose to BELIEVE in God and in His promises for our church.

Where are my friends when I need them to leave "encouraging comments" below? Your silence is making me wonder...come on, talk to me!

God is doing a new thing...

Love to all!

No comments: