Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gearing up for Sunday!

HOPE Food Pantry looking much better than last weekend...thanks to some super donations!


Great transition day over the weekend!

Arrived @ CFA by 8 am to let the drywall finishers in the building. They didn't get there until about 8:30 or so...oh well! I stayed and worked on several things until a little after noon and then went on home. I believe the workers got most of the taping and mudding done for the new wing. Looks like a lot of sanding on target for Monday and then the wrap up work. Progress continues...

The rest of the day was relaxing. I even got to take my wife (without the kids) out for a ride and enjoy the scenery. Later, it was time to grill out some hamburgers for dinner....um, um, good! Then a bike ride with Devon and now winding down for the night!

Lord, thanks for a good day..restful, relaxing and renewing!

Looking forward to the worship service tomorrow at our satellite location. By now, our people have generally gotten used to the later service schedule. In fact, I think most of them like the later time slot....no excuses for not being able to sleep in! I wonder what it will be like when we get back to our own church campus...we'll wait and see!

In the service tomorrow I will be challenging my church to raise some desperately needed cash for the rebuilding phase. The goal that I will be presenting to CFA is to see God help us raise $50,000 in 6 weeks. Yes, that will clearly be a miracle performed by the Lord himself. Can I ask you to pray for us as we dig deep and sacrifice for the sake of the Kingdom of God?

Perhaps you would like to do something and help us out as well. Our overall need is to raise some $350,000 to $400,000 in the rebuilding campaign. Our flood insurance policy will not cover the total rebuilding costs. I really feel like the Lord wants me to work with Him to see our church rebuild DEBT FREE! This vision is totally in line with the theme He gave me for this year: BEYOND ALL LIMITS!! If you can help us, please go to our website @ www.columbusfirstassembly.org and click the online giving button. Thanks so much!

Don't forget to pick up your HOPE Outreach Center team t-shirt tomorrow @ services. Each shirt costs $10 with all proceeds going to our Flood Fund. Grab your team t-shirt on Sunday!

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments: