Saturday, July 26, 2008

She's gone...

Me, Sarah and Pastor Brent

Josh at work behind the sanctuary platform

My office manager giving Bethany her volunteer assignment

Josh and Martha stripping wallpaper

What I mean is that that old swing set that was in our backyard was SOLD today!

So happy to hear that my lovely wife got rid of it in her garage sale. It was rusting and quite the clunker. Tammy did very well with her friend in clearing out lots of things from my garage...and basement too (I can set my ping pong table back up - thank the Lord!). Remember I told you that my wife is the garage sale queen. Proud to have a Proverbs 31 wife...

Today I went to pick up a computer donation for our church ministries. Took my oldest son with me to get the personal files off of it and clear out the hard drive. We were all amazed at the way he swiftly went about his business in assisting us with this project. My son is the computer whiz-kid of the family...and probably the church too! Thanks J for helping your dad out today!

After I got back from our errands and helped Tammy and Dana clean up from the sale, I waited for the buyer to come and get the swing set. After they loaded 'er up, I headed for the shed to get my mower out. What a joy to cut the grass without having to go around and through the swing set...looks so nice now!

Heading into our 7th Sunday away from our regional worship center. Hard to believe. Expecting a great time with our church family in worshiping God, being together, praying for one another, giving sacrificially, and hearing the Word. I have my youth pastor preaching tomorrow...I know he'll do a great job in the pulpit!

As you head to your church for worship services, lift up a prayer for CFA! We continue to flex our muscles of faith in rebuilding DEBT FREE!

Much love from my heart to yours.

No comments: