Friday, August 1, 2008

Number 21

New color scheme for the church office...

New paint for my abandoned office...

Painting all the trim work...

...more trim work...

Malorie was our "command center" volunteer today...

Sanding in the electrical room...

Almost done...

Done!

Almost there...

Caulking 'er in...

Lots of caulk on this complete basement window project...

Work team from Frankfort, IN

That's the number of years my wife and I have been married today.

Twenty-one years ago today on a sweltering day in Conway, Arkansas I married the love of my life...Tammy! We enjoyed some time together this evening as we went out to Red Lobster (the place of our first date), shopped a little and then grabbed a frozen custard for dessert. Babe, I love you...thanks for standing by my side these 21 years! You're the best!!

Today @ church we had a good day. More ministry through the HOPE Outreach Center. More people that we have had opportunity to touch with the love of Jesus. More people we can shower with the HOPE of the gospel message! Simply amazing what we've been able to do following the Flood of '08...

There was more progress on the rebuilding front too. More painting on the new sanctuary wing...they are almost done, but still have some minor things to wrap up this project. I've captured a few pics of the new colors.

The windows in the basement are completely installed. The window guys finished their job today. You can see the amazing difference these 'new' ones make as compared to the 'old' ones. Should make a huge difference in the efficiency department too!

We had a team arrive today to work. Pastor Shan Sheridan from the New Hope Church in Frankfort and a group from his church toured our facilities, then they were off with Monty & Susan to their work assignment helping a homeowner with their flooded out home. We continue to schedule work teams from out of town. If you are interested in bringing a group from your church, please call us @ (812) 376-7833. It will be a life-transforming experience you will never forget!!

The phones were busy for me today. Made a lot of calls to pastors sharing our story and experience. I trust the Lord will use these contacts to further the kingdom here in Columbus. Lord, touch the hearts of many friends around the country that you intend to use in supporting our church through this historic journey of faith!

A special thanks to Malorie who volunteered in the "command center" today. She was a special blessing for the tasks that needed attention today. Also, appreciation goes out to Jerry who bought us lunch and drinks today. God bless you Jerry! We once again look to our worship experience this coming Sunday. It will mark the 8th Sunday away from our home on 10th & Iowa Streets. May the will of the Lord be done in all this wandering out in the wilderness! We should grow through this journey of faith and not just fly through it. There is definitely a lesson to be learned there for all of these painful experiences from the flood!

Once again, I feel like God wants us to believe that we will rebuild totally DEBT FREE. So we are believing and trusting in the promises of His Word. Plus, I've been challenging people everywhere to participate in the tremendous blessing of sowing into this church ministry, and bring us back home to 10th and Iowa.

You can donate online: www.columbusfirstassembly.org Thanks in advance for your gift! Already many have joined us in this faith walk. I received several just in the last couple of days. With each one doing something, the vision that God gave me will be realized!

How about leaving me a little encouraging "comment." I'd appreciate it greatly...

Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor Don!

Boy, I need to start visiting your blog a lot more often!! I've been missing out. I didn't even get to see your thank you to me until today because I've been such a slacker in the blog-reading department!!

I always like to give you an encouraging comment when you need one. Because you're the best pastor I've ever had (not just saying that) and I love you and I hope that I get to have you as my pastor for many years to come!! (So don't even think of going anywhere anytime soon, mister!) lol

God bless!!!
Malorie