Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Crazy day...

Massive rolls of carpet...

Layout and measuring...

Sound floor boxes...

Church office carpet...

Men's bathroom stools and stalls...


Ladies bathroom stools and stalls...

Duke Energy finally repaired the downed lightpost...PTL!

Cleaned out courtyard...

Looks amazing...

My landscaping volunteers today...

Yes, it was one of those crazy, unusual and stress-filled days!

The day seemed to start out pretty well after securing my coffee and newspaper from McDonald's (how about that for a change of pace!). Got to the "command center" and found Jerry already in the building. He is one of my HOPE Outreach Center volunteers and was an hour early today. Then Ron & Sandy came to get ready for their shift as well. Workers were in position to serve and minister in the name of Jesus, bringing HOPE and love to each one.

We also had several ladies who completely cleaned up and trimmed out our Courtyard Garden area. This area was way overgrown. It was a mess before and also after the Flood of 2008! My cleaning bunny (Trudy) plus Marcia and Rhonda did a FANTASTIC JOB on our courtyard. I was awed at how much work these ladies accomplished today. If they are reading my blog I've got some other areas on our property that needs your expertise and special touch!! Your pastor thanks you big time!

The two carpet guys were busily working on our huge sanctuary floor area all day. This job required more than four hands and that is all the flooring company provided us with. Remember, I'm not at all happy with this company...they've got a lot of ground to make up with me because I am one unsatisfied and one unhappy customer!! Multiple calls to this company in Indy went unanswered...finally, someone tried to apologize much later, but by this time they had gone too far!

The sound guys were working on the platform black connector boxes. They had to cut into the floor decking platform and get their work started before the carpet guys cover that whole area with beautiful carpet.

The general contractor had their estimator drop a set of new architectural plans by for me today. I went over them with him and reviewed our needs and desires for the reworked areas in the two older buildings. Looks like several more weeks before all the plans are completely done, approved and submitted. Remember - Patience...patience...patience!!!!!!!!

Work was done with my Business Manager this morning regarding the Flood Fund contribution monies, monthly financial reports, correction on our flood accounts at the bank and general "command center" duties!

Then I got the call...the one that told me I was late for my duties up at the Indians game in Indy. I was scheduled to work the concession booth for my son's band fair share, but I thought it was later in the day...a mix up in communication. I hightailed it out of there with my daughter...raced home...dropped her off...changed and dressed in my required uniform...and sped (well "quickly drove off" for my wife!) up to the ballpark in Indy. I quickly got the "starting cash" for my individual register...and was ready to go before the game ever started. It was a busy shift for me...then I rushed back home. Went to the bank. Went to the church. Went to Wal Mart and then collapsed at home.

What a day....A CRAZY WEDNESDAY!

One more thing...a GOOD THING. We received many gifts in the church mail today for our Flood Fund. We had several churches represented in these gifts, as well as many individuals and one missionary that we support too (awesome). Deep appreciation and thanksgiving goes out to the following for giving this pastor and his church a shot in the arm today...literally!
  • Bethel Christian Life Center in West Lafayette, Indiana.
  • Church on the Rock A/G in Versailles, Indiana.
  • Northview A/G from our sister church here in Columbus.
  • Bethel A/G in Elkhart, Indiana.
  • Our missionary serving in Jamaica.
  • A minister from Indianapolis.
  • Christ Light Ministries in Elberfeld, Indiana.
Thanks so much to these friends for responding to our dire circumstances and helping to bring us back as a fellowship to 10th and Iowa Streets (our regional worship center home base!).

If you could following the example of those listed and send us a contribution (CFA, 2100 10th St., Columbus, IN 47201) or make your gift online @ www.columbusfirstassembly.org, we would be ever so grateful for your partnership in this DEBT FREE miracle. We are still believing that God will move us back in our facilities DEBT FREE! Keep praying...keep reading my daily blog journal...keep giving to make this vision a true reality! With God...(and with God's people doing their part as He speaks to them!)...all things are possible!!!

Much love to you and yours!

No comments: