Sunday, August 31, 2008

Busy weekend!

Pastor's office

New phone system

Temporary bookshelves

Staff training session on the new phone system

Recently stripped and waxed floors

Sharp and shiny

Working out at the Indians ballgame

Borrowed church location...

Our friends at Memorial Baptist Church!

Lots going on this Labor Day weekend!

Sorry I've missed a couple of nights posting my blog entries but the schedule has been full. Friday was a catch-up day in the office with getting better acclimated to my new office surroundings. I still have much to do to get my office back completely, but I'm feeling much better about the set-up now. With a new computer, new office phones, newly donated desk, new carpet and paint...things are looking up! My staff is happy to have their donated desks and bookshelves and offices as well. Lord, thanks for all that you have done to bring us to this stage in the rebuild process! You are so good to us!

A meeting with my general contractors brought me up to speed with the architectural process. We are still 4 to 6 weeks out before all the drawings are done and approved....ugh!!! (This is taking so long to get moving on our other two buildings...Lord, more patience please!). We also received an estimate with what other projects will cost in this next phase of the rebuild. These are additional items that were added after the initial contract sum was approved. For example, the new stairwell that must be added to bring our building up to code. A meeting with my leaders was called and we discussed these estimates. So many items that need attention in our flooded out church!!

My staff met with the phone guy while I was meeting with the contractors. They learned about all the bells and whistles of our new phone communications system. Looks like it will be a great improvement and advancement over our outdated system. Thanks Lord for these blessings!

My daughter was anxious to go to the big football game between East and North so I was urged to get home quickly and drive her and Mom over to the big crosstown rivalry game. We got rained on but a good game nonetheless with East winning 35 to 3. Plus we were proud to watch our youngest son march with his East marching band. They did a super job with their band number!

Saturday I had to work at the church, then I was off to work my last Indians game up in Indianapolis for Devon's band fair share. It was a big attendance night as it was the last of the season and some 10 to 12 thousand fans streamed in the ballpark. They had our group positioned in a different concession booth, which made it more difficult for my evening. It started out slow but then things started to pick up rapidly. It was a long night at the ballpark! Glad when I finally pulled my vehicle in the driveway...man I was whooped!

Today was our 12th and last worship service in the borrowed church, at least for Sundays. Next week we will be meeting back at 10th and Iowa Streets @ 10 am for our first gathering in the sanctuary since the Flood of 2008 hit back on June 7th. Today we enjoyed a great and powerful service for those that met on Labor Day weekend!

Looking forward to getting everything ready for the influx of CFA'ers that will be coming next Sunday. Lots to do to get everything ready. Gonna be a great week!

My love to all!

No comments: