Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Moving Day

"Command Center" gets disassembled....

Moving lots of stuff to the new offices...

"Touch-up man!"

Staff involved on moving day!

Pastor Joel has a new office...the old library space!

The Youth Pastor's Office!

Church Office gets rearranged!

My Concession Booth!

Where I work...

Victory Field, Indy

Field being prepped for the game!

My "boss" is the one in the red - Arletta!

My register "sweet-mate!"

Today we began moving into our three offices: Church Office, Youth Pastor and Senior Pastor.

It's hard to believe that after 2 1/2 months of working in a cramped "command center" environment we have started the move back into our own offices. The key word is started! We were helping each other move desks, chairs, bookshelves, filing cabinets and that dreaded old heavy safe cabinet. Some resemblance of our regional worship center office suite began to take shape today. Thanks Lord for allowing us to get back into our restored work areas!

Progress note: No carpet guys today! Wonder what's up with our wonderful carpet company??

Another progress note: The contracted building company sent their man out to finish up areas that needed drywall repair and other small items to work on.

Continued progress: The sound guys were here today working on finishing up their project of installing our brand new sound system. But of course, they can't finish until the carpet guys get the platform carpeted...they're holding things up!!

More progress: We received our new signage for the foyer area, including bathrooms, offices and directional signs. Big thanks goes out to Quick Signs for their donation to our church!

Then I was off to Indy to work another game in the concession booth at Victory Field for Devon's band fair share. I rub shoulders...literally...with people who need to see and witness the Christian life. It is a great opportunity for me to connect with people on a work relationship level and live out my faith. I am known as the guy who doesn't have his liquor license and stays put in the ice cream booth. The money is on the other side...but God blesses me where I'm at...with ice cream sundaes, cones and icees. Some know I'm a pastor and others might think I'm a decoy for the news media station. Who knows...they might even think I work for Victory Field and am spying on them? Either way, I'm having a blast! Thought I would include some pics for you to see where I've spent some considerable time this ballgame season. This Saturday is my last game and the Indians last home game of the season!!

Tomorrow is going to be another good day. I plan to go in on my day off but leave early in the afternoon. Looking forward to spending some time with my family!

Thanks for following me in the aftermath of the Flood of 2008. Little by little our sanctuary wing is coming together...everyone who sees it loves the new colors!!

God bless you friend. If you haven't helped our church out with a donation to our Flood Fund can I ask that you consider doing so. We are in need of partners to come alongside us and help us rebuild our church completely!! You can go to our website and make a contribution online: www.columbusfirstassembly.org. Thanks in advance for your gift!

Love to all!

No comments: