Monday, August 25, 2008

HUGE Convoy of Hope Center

EU Fine Arts Center

EU New Administration Building

EU Master Site Plan

EU Clock Tower

Read it for yourself...duh!

Paul, myself and Kary

Paul's "command center" cubicle

COH Receiving Center

Huge COH Warehouse

COH Warehouse

COH Trucks and Trailers

COH Speed the Light 18-Wheelers

COH Disaster Response Mobile Command Center

Made it back from Springfield, Missouri in 7 hours and 20 minutes...don't tell my wife, OK!

Jordon and I worked on several things this morning: finding and purchasing his college textbooks (wow...they sure have soared in price since I went to college back in the late 70's and early 80's!)...finalizing his financial registration...plus registering his car and getting his student ID. Then we went to eat lunch in the cafeteria before I had to head out. I gave him a big hug with a lump in my throat! Still pretty hard to leave your son even after the second year. Lord, bless our son as he begins another fresh year of academic study there @ Evangel University!

My good friend had invited me to meet him and tour the Convoy of Hope ministry center before leaving Springfield so I drove over to their huge warehouse off of South Patterson road. I found Paul and he quickly began the introductions to the friendly staff there, as well as a personal first-class tour of their World Distribution Center. The entire warehouse spans some 300,000 square feet of space, which they utilize for their disaster relief ministry operations, plus leasing out to some other tenants too.

It was a joy to meet some of the COH people I had talked with over the phone the days and weeks after the Flood of 2008 rearranged our summer church plans. Paul introduced me to Kary Kingsland, the US Director of COH, plus his administrative assistant, and a host of other wonderful servants of the Lord. Another thrill for me was to see the massive 18-wheelers that have been purchased with Speed-the-Light youth missions money. I believe that Paul said there were about 18 or 19 trailers serving in this ministry. Love what our AG youth have accomplished over the years for advancing the good news of the gospel around the world. Plus plenty proud of our CFA youth for the growth they have experienced in their annual giving every year...they rank in the top tier of giving in our Indiana District!

Been a long but exciting weekend. Happy to be home. Ready to get back into the "command center" here @ CFA. Hope we can move into our respective offices this week...good chance that will happen. Thank you Jesus for the progress and provision you have given thus far...please keep the entire rebuild moving forward expectantly!

Gotta get to bed. I'm exhausted!

Keep looking up...God is looking down to you. He loves you with unending love!!

Love to all!

No comments: