Monday, August 18, 2008

#100

"Pastor's Blog" has reached the century mark in blog postings!

Tonight is a big night for several reasons:
  1. This is my 100th posting of journal entries on my personal blog site. This is quite an undertaking ever since I starting blogging back in February, 2008. (Now I understand why others have felt the same...as well as producers of TV shows, etc....there is a lot of energy expended into each specific posting...plus pictures, etc.) Happy to reach this milestone...
  2. I have the opportunity to feature a review on my blog for a new book coming out tomorrow (Aug.19th) entitled, "Wild Goose Chase." The author is Mark Batterson. Mark Batterson is the lead pastor of Washington, DC's National Community Church, widely recognized as one of America's most innovative churches. NCC meets in movie theaters at metro strops throughout the city, as well as in a church-owned coffee house near Union Station. More than seventy percent of NCC'ers are single twentysomethings who live or work on Capitol Hill. Mark is the author of the best-selling In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day and a widely read blogger (www.markbatterson.com). He lives on Capitol Hill with his wife, Lora, and their three children.
  • The Book: Celtic Christians had a name for the Holy Spirit–An Geadh-Glas, or ‘the Wild Goose.’ The name hints at mystery. Much like a wild goose, the Spirit of God cannot be tracked or tamed. An element of danger, an air of unpredictability surround Him. And while the name may sound a little sacrilegious, I cannot think of a better description of what it’s like to follow the Spirit through life. I think the Celtic Christians were on to something…
  • Most of us will have no idea where we are going most of the time. And I know that is unsettling. But circumstantial uncertainty also goes by another name: Adventure.

—Introduction to Wild Goose Chase.

Front Cover
























  • Book Details:
  • Paperback: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Multnomah Books
  • Release Date: August 19, 2008
  • Purchase your copy online @ www.amazon.com or www.cbd.com
  • I will be giving away a FREE COPY of this new book to one of the people who respond to this posting in the next 24 hours. All you have to do is submit your COMMENT at the end of this blog by clicking on the comment link which is highlighted at the bottom of this post. Leave your name and comment to be considered for this drawing! Hurry up..don't delay...come on, its a free book!
3. I've announced the date of our first and second services back at our regional worship center, Columbus First Assembly, on 10th & Iowa Streets. Since being completely flooded out back on June 7th, 2008, we have been worshiping at another church about three or four blocks away. We have made enough progress in our new facility wing to bring our congregation back home to 10th & Iowa Streets. The sanctuary will be ready for exuberant worshipers to fill the worship center. You must arrange your schedules to attend on this momentous Sunday!!!!!!!!
  • First service back: Sunday, September 7th @ 10 am
  • Second service back: Sunday, September 14th @ 10 am. This will be our "All Together Sunday" which is our back-to-school high attendance day. We invite you to make the drive to join us for this very significant worship service for our congregation. I've got several special things planned for this Sunday that you won't want to miss! (More details in future posts!)
Tomorrow I'll share more on the progress of our rebuild project plus a few pics too!

Busy day today. Just returned from working at the Indianapolis Indians game tonight. Trying to earn some money for my son's band fair share portion. It was a crazy busy night....lots and lots of people at my register.

Love to all!

8 comments:

Shawn said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Am I the first one???? I always make a point to read your blogs when I get into the office first thing. You know me, I have to be in the "know". Anxious to get back to our CFA home. The church is looking great. Much love, Shawn

Sharon said...

Great news! So glad to hear you'll be back at your facilities, and hey Sept. 7th is is GREAT DAY! (It's also my birthday.) LOL

Several A/G Bloggers were asked to review/post about this book. Hmmm, wonder if the autor facilitated the Assembly of God Blog's site?!? Anyways, I'm interested to learn more about it. The title creates a bunch of questions. Would love to be 'entered' into your drawing, and see the book for myself. :0)

Anonymous said...

What excitement there must be at CFA, as you all look forward to getting back to worship in your newly-renovated, beautiful, attractive facilities. Everything is looking great! Always enjoy the daily updates to see the wonderful progress. May the Lord continue to meet every financial need, as the bills begin rolling in. God's abundant blessings rest upon you and your people.
Love and prayers, Mom

pjpcfa said...

Leave a post, win a book...sounds great, especially since right now I have a 33% chance. The blog is a great way for people to see all the updates of what is happening here. Keep up the great work Pastor.

Anonymous said...

I read the blog every day - great way to stay informed. Looking forward to our first Sunday back!

Anonymous said...

The anonymous was me - Allison :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'm too late to be entered into the drawing or not! But either way, great post Pastor Don! I'm excited to get back into our regular church building. I do have a question though, why 10 am instead of 10:30 am? I was really getting used to this sleeping in thing! :P lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.