Sunday, August 17, 2008

Epic Proportions

Thank the Lord for a wonderful weekend and a great Worship Celebration today!

Yesterday I enjoyed spending time at home taking care of some projects, as well as spending time with my family. I was able to wash my van, play ping pong with Trenton (he's now beating me...what's up with that?...The student is finally beating the teacher!), went shopping for the kids shoes, and enjoyed a delicious home-cooked meal. Plus, I was able to spend some time in the "command center" and work on things there too! Great day.

Today I anticipated a great worship gathering with our church family (last week we were on vacation). I wasn't disappointed...God showed up big-time. The presence of God was strong...the church was fully enveloped in the glory of God...prayer requests were brought before the throne of God...expectancy was sure...the message God gave me was a powerful word to remind us of the awesome majesty and beyond all limits measure of our Great God.


EPIC. That was the word that God dropped into my spirit and stirred my heart with. What does EPIC mean? Here is what I discovered: Heroic, majestic, impressively great, and surpassing the ordinary!! This is the word that was designated for the great Michael Phelps in the recent 2008 Olympic medal quest in his swimming category. Last night he broke Mark Spitz' 36 year record of winning 7 gold medals in a single Olympic games. Michael won his 8th gold medal last evening. Impressive...yes. Heroic...yes. Surpassing the ordinary...yes. Majestic...NO! That alone belongs to our great and mighty God!

The Lord God is majestic. The Lord God far surpasses and exceeds the ordinary. The Lord God is far beyond impressively great. The Lord God is the ultimate HERO! That's my Lord. That's my King. That's my Savior. That's my God!!

God has been demonstrating awesome deeds in our midst that are of EPIC PROPORTIONS. I shared some of these stories with the congregation today. EPIC. Amazing. Awesome. Majestic. Miraculous. BEYOND ALL LIMITS!! God has been revealing his strong and mighty hand on our behalf as a church. God has been fighting for His people. God has been helping us in EPIC PROPORTIONS kind of ways. The beautiful thing is...HE'S NOT DONE YET! There will be more EPIC wonders to witness before the year of 2008 concludes. We will stand amazed and we will just sit in AWE of our Great God. Yes, God is so good...all the time.

This afternoon I prepared at the "command center" for my monthly leadership meeting tonight. (I can't wait to have my spacious office suite back...the inconveniences of a small cubicle without a computer are getting old!) We had the meeting in the home of one of my leaders again. This has been a great bonus...much more relaxing, more casual, and refreshing too. Thanks Betsy! We have been having some blessed business sessions, as well as spiritual meetings too. God is with us...we sense it clearly. God is directing us...we are following Him completely. God is providing for us...we are standing amazed! EPIC...that describes what my God is accomplishing in our midst.

My "Pastor's Blog" website just passed a BIG mile marker recently. The site meter just logged it's 4,000 visitor to my blog page (...since I starting blogging back in late February, 2008). That's pretty neat. People literally from all over the world have visited my page and read what God is doing right here in Columbus, Indiana. This modern day informational vehicle has provided the means for me to journal and chronicle the EPIC wonders that God is demonstrating on our behalf.

One sure thing...I'm ready to see more miracles, more majestic wonders, and more extraordinary measures that God will take to exceed our expectations in the rebuilding of our regional worship center (...since being completely flooded out back on 6-07-08).

I've got a special blog to prepare for tomorrow...don't miss it!

Much love to all.

No comments: