Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Midnight watch!

Just returned from my watch at the Bible Reading Marathon for our community. There is a portable tent set up on the top steps of City Hall, along with a lectern that's equipped with a P.A. system. You see, our church has had the Midnight to 3 am shift for years. This shift is not for the weak of heart or those prone to snoozing. This shift demands commitment to keep God's Word being read continuously from the steps of City Hall. I'm proud of our guys and for our shift captain, Mike.

Tonight I read from Luke Chapters 17 to 20. I am always amazed at the power of God's Word that is being read each minute of the day. It is like time capsules that are being released into the atmosphere of our city. Call it a fresh air machine. Cleaning out the junk and leaving the simplicity of God's Word to revive, refresh and renew. Truth that is streaming into our city, whether people are awake or not. The Bible says that God's Word will not return void!

There are about 15 to 20 churches that cooperate in this venture yearly. People from all different walks of life are involved in this campaign. It culminates with the National Day of Prayer Meeting on May 1st.

"Father God, I ask that you bless the City of Columbus. Bless our city leaders, city council members, firefighters, policemen, medical professionals, educators, churches, pastors, students, judges, lawyers, business owners, company employees, and all the citizens of this great city. May we experience the touch of heaven. Let us cry out to you for revival. Lord, revive us again. We confess our sins before you. We ask that you forgive us and cleanse us from all iniquity. Fill us with your Holy Spirit. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen."

After I left the "midnight shift" I passed the baton on to my youth pastor, Pastor Joel. Then Don was waiting on deck for his shift too!

Let's all do our part to bring the fresh, clean air to America....because America needs God!!

Doing my part. Love,

Pastor Andreasen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you. I know this time isn't easy, but just know that I've got your back and I'm willing to help.

By the way, the date on your blog says April not June.

Bethany

Anonymous said...

Nevermind about the April thing. This is an old post. Whoops!