Monday, April 14, 2008

Little bird

















Some of you have heard me speak about my little bird friend. I even preached a message about the spiritual application he brought to me: "Eye on the Bird" (3/30/08) http://www.columbusfirstassembly.org/RESOURCES/SermonPodcast/tabid/6533/Default.aspx

I managed to sneek a picture of him on one of his last visits. I'll attach it with this blog post. My little bird friend is not real photogenic. In fact, he comes across as pretty shy when faced with the camera. But at least you can see who "little bird" is.

Had a good weekend of services. We are still promoting the TAG 500 campaign in our church. Little by little the "tags" are creating a fresh wave of compassion in our community. Have you been "tagged?"

Little bird..."TAG - You're it!"

May you experience God's best today!

Pastor Andreasen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Don,

I read your blog quite a bit, this time I just had to comment.

God does take care of all of us, he knows our needs and what he is going to do to meet them before we even have those needs.

The Sermon last Sunday really hit home about acts of kindness...I have to share our experience.

When I became a single Mom I was horrified!!! How was I going to do this. How would I be able to do that?????
God sent a message to me thru my Boss at the time - God will never fail, he will provide!!!!

My Boss called me into her office (I was thinking the worst, cut backs, lay off's, etc.) She had a HUGE box of food for the kids and me. Not only food but games, clothes EVEN money!!!!
God has shown his never failing Love for me in so many ways - so many acts of kindness from people I know and even strangers.....

My prayer is that the kids and I will leave a lasting impression from God on someones heart during and AFTER the Tag 500!!!!

I Thank God every day for you and Miss Tammy, what she does for our kids....WOW

Thank God for our Church and the Freedom we have to come worship there.

Love in Christ

Mary Beth said...

Hey Don & Tammy,

Mary Beth Bradshaw, here! How are you guys??? Didn't know you were in Columbus! We are still in Michigan. Steve is director of Church Planting and Michigan Missions for the district.

Found your blog on the A/G blogring.

Tammy, you are still as beautiful as ever! And you guys have a beautiful family. Our oldest is 20! YIKES! We aren't that old, are we????