Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday D!



Today is my son's 14th birthday. Fourteen years ago after a Wednesday night service I rushed Tammy to the hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. The problem at that time was that we lived about 75 minutes away in St. Elmo, Illinois. We made the trip fine but our third son didn't arrive until about 18 or 19 hours later. Talk about an experience...of course, much more so for my lovely wife Tammy than I.

Happy 14th Birthday Devon! We love you very much. You are God's gift to us. We recognize the many talents and abilities that God has placed in your life. Continue to trust him for each day and for your future. He has exciting plans for you.

Tonight we will go out to eat at the restaurant of Devon's choosing. Each child gets to pick the restaurant when their birthday arrives on the calendar. When they were younger we would take them out to Chuck E Cheese. However, that's not going to work for Devon on this birthday. You'll just have to ask him where we went...

I love my family!

Pastor Andreasen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that night. We were so blessed to share those moments with you. I remember that cute little blonde headed boy running around the nursery. Tell Devon Happy Birthday. Give Tammy a hug for me. We love you all.
Cathy Daniel

Anonymous said...

Thats not me I don't have blond hair, I have brown.
Devon