Thursday, September 18, 2008

Visit to three homes in progress...

John & Mary Lou's home!

Tim filling the home with God's Word!

Monty giving a quick class on Mudding #101!

Good day today...even though it was my day off!

Spent half the day in the office catching up on things and pressing other items through on my busy agenda. It was a very profitable morning! Good to see the two workers back from the contractors company. They are moving full steam ahead to keep our time line intact to be able to use the fellowship hall, overflow room, plus library, in one month! They are making tremendous progress! Thank you Jesus for your favor and help in this next phase!

A surprise contribution from a serviceman overseas came in today. This young man had grown up in the church where I served as his pastor. It is amazing the journey he has taken from that point to this. Lord, I pray for his protection and care while serving his country. Cover him with the precious blood of Christ and keep him safe day after day during his tour of duty!

This afternoon I took the opportunity to check in on three homes that have received much attention from our volunteer workers. Two of the homes have been the focus of attention from the currrent Florida missions team and the previous one from Ohio. Both homes have made considerable progress with a group of capable and willing workers, and a careful and detailed jobsite leader, Monty Scales. He's doing a terrific job leading each team with their assigned tasks..and taking the time to show them how to do things the right way!

I also took the opportunity to drop by the home of one of our members, John & Mary Lou Washler. The Florida team also gave some attention to the landscaping and lawn that had been much overgrown. I peeked in the windows and saw their beautiful paint and carpet. It shouldn't be long before they are able to move back into their home. I also know they are very anxious to do so!

Enjoyed a bike ride with my daughter tonight. It's been quite a while since I set out with my 21-speed bike. The cool, crisp evening air was refreshing!

Picked up my middle son from work and am now finalizing this blog post.

Looking for some more friends to connect with on Facebook. Send me your invite...I'd love to touch base with you!

Love to all.

No comments: