Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Point them to the cross


Middle of the week. More steps of progress. Moving toward Sunday!

Wednesday witnessed lots of good things as workers worked in and out of our buildings. The security system people continued on the installation of the new system. The contractors continued building the stage in the fellowship hall. This is my next project I must push through as we desperately need the ministry space for Sundays children's ministries. Plus other special events need this area as well. At least there is progress being made in the fellowship hall.

Made many necessary phone calls and emails concerning our BIG day this Sunday. It is our HUGE Grand Re-Opening Service and All Together Sunday. It all begins before the clock strikes 10 in the morning.

My landscaping workers were at it again outside preparing all the flower bed and bush areas located around our church. Marcia and Trudy amaze me with their fierce determination to get things done before our BIG day. I appreciate their efforts immensely!

We'll have a final work day this Saturday to get everything looking nice for Sunday. Expecting a big and exciting crowd of people to join us.

Our new steeple is being noticed. Everyone loves the beautiful design and simple cross that sits up on top. Praise God for this new addition to our church! Join me in pointing sinners to the cross of Christ. The cross says it all.

We continue to trust God to touch the hearts of people to join us in contributing to the DEBT FREE MIRACLE that we are believing will take place before all the rebuilding is done.
  • Our overwhelming need: $350,000
  • Gifts given thus far: $50,000
  • Left to go: $300,000
Whatever you can do will help us move closer to this mark. You may go to our website and make your contribution:
www.columbusfirstassembly.org

Thanks so much for your help in finishing the task here @ CFA.

Let me hear from you today...post your comment and let us know where you live. I've got many overseas readers to my blog as well as most of the states here in the U.S. Let me hear from you where you live. Send me your encouragement and prayers!

Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog from Afghanistan.

Tell Tammy and the kids I say hello and that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad that the process of rebuilding is coming along so well.

Kevin Borntreger