Saturday, August 8, 2009

Trip to the Caribbean and Big O!

Arriving in Port Canaveral, Florida

Checking out the sites before setting sail...

Tammy and I before evening dinner...

With our friends, Joe & Tammy!

Tammy at one of our port stops

Me dwarfed by the mammoth vessel of the Carnival Glory!

Celebrating our 22nd Anniversary on the cruise!

53rd General Council in Orlando

We just returned from a fabulous 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and also attended the Assemblies of God General Council in Orlando, Florida. Wow, what a trip!

These last two weeks were awesome...especially after a 13 month long journey of rebuilding our church worship center after the Flood of '08. You would have thought I wanted anywhere but where there was water, but this cruise to the Caribbean was amazing. Tammy and I had such a wonderful time...relaxing and refreshing! We even took this journey with some of our ministry friends. There was so much to do and so much food to try out...we're talking tons of food here.

We ported at four popular vacation locations....
  1. Cozumel, Mexico
  2. Belize, Central America
  3. Costa Maya, Mexico
  4. Nassau, Bahamas
Each city had its own rich traditions and tourist attractions. Shopping at each port city brought great opportunities for some great deals (it's just in my Andreasen blood!).

I even entered the Carnival Glory's ping-pong tournaments. We played out on deck 12 under a partially covered deck 13. One day the wind was just blowing ridiculously and we still had to play each match in that weather. Ask me how I did and I'll pass along the inside scoop...

The 53rd General Council in Orlando was packed full of business, elections, leadership conference, luncheons and dinners, speakers, services, reports, exhibition booths, National Fine Arts Festival, college reunions, meeting and catching up with friends, trolley rides to the motel and convention center (an average of about 30 minutes each way), etc. etc. We were extremely busy...but enjoying this once every two years opportunity for ministers, delegates and friends.

I'll write more later but wanted to post something quickly to share a few memorable pictures and thoughts from our trip.

Guess who I got to meet? Check back soon for the picture that captured my rare opportunity in shaking hands with a nationally known Christian pastor, best-selling author and world leader.

It's great to be home.

Love to all!

2 comments:

Wiggle - said...

Looks like you had a great time!
-Allison

maloriE said...

Hey Pastor!

I enjoyed reading and looking at this post. It does sound like an awesome trip. I'm so glad you and Tammy got to go!!

I have a friend at college who is from Nassau, Bahamas. :)

See you in the am!

Malorie