Thursday, May 7, 2009

Driving on toward June 7th...

Disconnect box for the oven...

Running the wire through the mechanical room...

...wires ready to make a 45 degree turn...

One word...DONE!

The answer is in on the commercial refrigerator door (read last post if you haven't been keeping up!).

Our service tech guy arrived this past week and opened up the third refrigerator door shipped to us. Would you believe...can you really imagine...so what do you think happened with this third door? OK...enough for the drama and suspense! The 3rd time was the charm...it was free of dents and it was installed. What a nice feeling to have the long claim ticket project checked off my never-ending check list!

It seems like this check list just keeps dragging on and on and on and on! So many details have been discovered since moving back in, and jotted down and passed on to either the contractor or the installer responsible for parts of the rebuild.

One other item that we were working on is now completely checked off my to-do-list too. The new commercial 6-burner oven that we purchased required more than the 50 amps that we had initially serviced (for the small residential unit). Since we were just about maxed out of the 200 amp panel in the basement, the next available option was to run a line from the main panel on the east side of our building...some 150 to 200 feet away! This required some major work...up and over one part of the building...down into the church courtyard area...down into the mechanical room...and up into the church kitchen. One word gives me great joy...DONE!

I'm sure you're wondering about the next never-ending project on my list...the carpet! Still no definitive word on when the remainder of the install job will be completed, but you can be assured that I've been ringing their phone off the hook! Pray with me that we will conclude this difficult situation by the end of the month.

Last night, or should I say early this morning (12:01 am), I participated in the Bible Reading Marathon on the steps of City Hall. Every year our community sponsors this marathon which provides God's Word being read constantly over our community. My assignment...Luke 14 to 16.

This weekend is Mother's Day. We have several events that our church is sponsoring. Let me invite you to worship together as a family with your mother this week. Let the children rise up and call her "blessed."

Let me send a SHOUT OUT to my mom. She lives in Missouri and is the mother of 5 children. All five are involved in Christian ministry in one facet or another. My older brother and I serve as Senior Pastors. My younger brother is a youth pastor. My older sister plays piano in her church. My next sister is married to the president of American Indian College in Arizona. Each one of us have been mentored to love and serve people. We have watched our parents lead in pastoral ministry for decades. We have been blessed by their faithfulness and steadfast commitment. Mom, here's to you this Mother's Day. Thank you for your sterling Christian example. Thank you for your exemplary witness. Thank you for your never wavering dedication to training us up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Thank you for all the little blessings over the years. Thank you for the major sacrifices made so that we could experience life more fully. I love you and thank my God for you!!

Keep this date before you: JUNE 7TH, 2009. That is the date we will dedicate our church from the complete rebuilding project from the Flood of 2008 aftermath. Mark it down. Let me invite you to attend this momentous occasion. It will be a one of a kind event.

We remain committed to praying for a DEBT FREE MIRACLE either on or before Dedication Day. God is a God of miracles and can use "whosoever will" for His glory and honor. I wonder how God will perform the answer to our prayers. Don't need to know all the details. It just requires that faith is active and present in Almighty God (Heb.11:6). Visit our church website to make a valued donation: www.columbusfirstassembly.org

Love to all.

No comments: