Monday, May 19, 2008

Surprised on 25th Anniversary in Ministry Celebration!


Surprised. Shocked. Stumped. Yes, my church was able to keep the secret hid (as well as everyone in my family!) of the celebration they gave to me for my 25 years in ministry yesterday morning! Wow!! I was deeply humbled by the presentations that each board member made to me...

  • Plaque of the Mayors' Proclamation for a Pastor Donald Andreasen Day here in Columbus.

  • Posting of the Proclamation placed in The Republic newspaper.

  • Cards from the congregation.

  • Letters from family members.

  • Picture power point presentation of my 25 years in ministry, along with some really great family pictures and awesome memories!

  • Special gifts and mementos.

  • Kind and encouraging words spoken.

  • Money for a CRUISE that we will be taking sometime this year. Can you believe this? My church rallied together to fulfill a dream of my wife and I for taking a relaxing cruise together (we were dreaming to do this on our 25th wedding anniversary - which is 3 1/2 years away - but I had no idea that this would be accomplished for my 25th anniversary of serving in full time ministry). Not sure where Tammy wants to go, but I know one thing, she can't wait to depart on the big boat with her husband and some good sun tan lotion!! It really was a mind boggling presentation. To grasp that so many precious people gave from their own finances to make this dream become a reality. This was over the top. Totally awed by the favor and goodness from God's people!!

  • Plus a file of potential cruises with price listings and possible destinations.

I sat there in the front pew while the tears flowed down my cheeks and my wife stood by my side. I somehow managed to get up to the front and address the congregation. I'm not sure that I made much sense because I was blown away by the honor and love that my church bestowed upon me. Thanks CFA for your kind, generous, amazing and "beyond all limits" recognition of your pastor's 25 years of ministerial service to the body of Christ! I love you all.

Lord, thank you for allowing me to serve you these last 25 years since graduating from Central Bible College. It has been an incredible and fascinating journey. So many spiritual victories. So many changed lives. So many prayers prayed. So many miracles witnessed. So many messages preached. So many lessons taught. So many hearts touched by your love and grace. So many churches that shared together to reach their communities for Christ. So many dollars raised to reach our world for Jesus. So many wonderful families. So many wonderful associates, board members and servant leaders. BUT I could not have reached this milestone in ministry without the love, support and encouragement from my wife Tammy and my four wonderful children. Together we have served. Together we have loved. Together we have reached out to minister God's love and compassion to those that God brought us to. God, you are so good to us!!

If our paths have crossed during these last 25 years in ministry, would you take the time to write a little comment and post that here on my blog. I would love to hear from you.

Blessings!

6 comments:

brent salyers said...

You are truly a blessed man... But it's because you have blessed so many others... You are not just my Mentor, but also my friend... You believed in me enough to take a chance on me in ministry... You saw potential that I didn't... You truly are a blessed man of God...

You deserve every ray of sunshine you will get... just take dramamine with you...

Anonymous said...

Don, Congrats!

You must have been blown away. I'm glad to be getting to know you these last couple of years. Keep the faith, baby! Give Him another 25 years!

Gene

Anonymous said...

Hi Wonderful Man and Woman of God!!!

You have no idea how often you come into my mind and heart. There is nothing there but fond memories of both of you. We love you guys so much!

Love your blogs!

Love you both,

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

WOW!

Wish you could go with us June 1st but I know you will have a wonderful time when ever you go. God is good and God Bless your church family.

We love you guys,

Linda and Phil

Anonymous said...

I never met a man that could truly love with the love of the Heavenly Father until Pastor Donald Andreasen... unfortunately I wouldn't realize it until a decade later when I was long away from him. I received a true revelation of my Heavenly Fathers love in 2006 and now people mean more to me because the lightbulb truly went on in my heart. The heart of this man here will forever go down in history as one who challenged me to be the best person I could be. If any of you are in his path right now...listen to him. He sees you as the the Father sees you. So many times that's not how you see yourself. He's got a gift to nuture people in the kingdom. I struggled at times being under him, but now I know it's because he believed in the God in me more than I did myself! Thanks PDA, love you forever. Rhonda

Ken and Rhonda Williams said...

Congatulations Pastor A! Thank you for believing in us even when we didn't believe in ourselves...when we couldn't even imagine the possibilities, you believed all things were possible. You listen to God and when you deliver what you've heard and the hearer bears the witness...it is a beautiful thing and a beautiful gift in you. You are an ENCOURAGER. We love you so much, always will. Ken and Rhonda